View Single Post
June 2nd, 2012, 08:25 PM
Hello, I was wondering if you could help me.

My boyfriend and I started having unprotected sex May 8th. The very next morning I woke and my uterus was a bit sensitive to pressure, but that quickly went away. I figured it was just a result of his semen being shot inside of me - I remember something similar happening years ago. However, a few days passed where we were having sex every day and the pressure kept returning, more importantly, it would return almost immediately after sex. It would last for a little while, typically no longer than half an hour, but mostly only ten minutes or so, then I would be fine. Along with the pressure, came some mild cramping. A friend of mine suggested maybe we were having too rough of sex, but that was not the case at all. I thought it odd, but didn't put much thought into it. After about a week, the pressure and cramps after sex stopped completely.

About ten days later I began to feel nauscious, mostly at night, and noticed my breasts were tender. I figured it was my period coming (though I wasn't due yet) and pushed it aside. When the nauscious stomach began to occur every day, and was accompanied with mild headaches, increased fatigue, and the tender breasts, I began to wonder if I could be pregnant and talked to a good friend of mine about it. She said with both her pregnancies she had the same thing happen (the cramping, pressure, etc) and said it could be I am in the implantation process of the pregnancy and then she congratulated me. This got me thinking and I went back to my calendar and counted the days ... I am NEVER late for my period. Every month is the same - one or two days of heavy bleeding accompanied with severe cramps and lower back pain. Then a normal flow and no pain for the remainder of the seven to eight days. Anyway, I counted, and low and behold, I was four days late. Out of curiosity, I bought a home pregnancy test and it came back a faint positive.

I called my dr and made an appointment for a blood test, but in waiting for the appointment, started what I think was my period. Unlike my typical period, this was painless and so light it was almost nonexistent. I just ended yesterday. I went in a few days later and did the blood test only to find out it was negative. The OB nurse called to schedule an appointment and when I told her I was mildly bleeding, she instantly threw aside pregnancy and said it was my period. I asked for a repeat blood test and did that this past Thursday - I haven't heard back yet, but I don't really expect to because that nurse was kind of rude and short with me. She even told me I could have been experiencing a miscarriage, but I thought those came with heavy bleeding and pain - both of which I do not have.

My question is ... I feel pregnant. Or at least, I think I do. I have never been pregnant before, but I am very in tune with my body, and I feel different. I have noticed my nascious stomach only really comes first thing in the morning, and at night - like well after dinner and when i am lying down in bed. I am VERY tired. No matter if I get 6 hours or 11 hours of sleep, I am still exhausted. Daily activity is harder because I feel drained. The mild headache is still there - and is more annoying than anything. I usually never get headaches, and when I do they are worse than this.

Is it possible I am pregnant and the blood test was done too soon? I know this kind of contradicts the above article, but I am just thinking something is not right here. Speaking to a friend who has children and my mother, they both think I am pregnant. I am so confused.