View Single Post
June 4th, 2012, 04:44 AM
Wookie's Girl
Well, I came home from the hospital yesterday. I never knew a c-section was so painful. I now have a huge respect for any woman who has one. I will try and get my birth story up as soon as I feel good enough.

For now Layne is not home with me. He got sent up to the NICU my last day there for quick labored breathing, At first we did not know what was wrong with him which sent me into a panic, but we found out early yesterday afternoon that he has Patent Ductus Arteriosis and a small heart murmur.

I am devestated ladies. I go in for a normal term delivery only not to bring my baby home. He most likely will not be home until later this week, and that is only if they can close the artery within the next few days. I cannot drive yet, and my kids cannot go with me alone to the hospital, so I have only been up there to see him 3 times since he got in there yesterday. They had to put a feeding tube in him so that he does not inhale any of his food while feeding, seeing how his breathing is so labored. I have been trying my hardest to keep pumping as my milk barely came in yesterday. I even woke up 3 times last night to pump for him.

More than anything I just want my baby home. My heart is so broken right now that I cannot concentrate on anything but him getting here. I will update yall as soon as I can, but as of now I might not even know anything for the next few days.

Here are some pictures of him from yesterday and the day before. I just keep picturing myself holding him and him not laying in that crib in NICU. If you pray, please pray that this heals up on his own and he can come home to me.

Two days old

Yesterday at NICU- Three days old

UPDATE 2

So Layne will be a week old tomorrow and is still in NICU. Turns out that a lot of his complications are due to my GD. His lungs are weak even though he was a term baby because of my GD, so he will have to stay in the NICU with no definite come home date until they mature and his breathing stabilizes. Thid can take a day, or it can take a month. He is strictly bottle feeding right now, but they have to keep the feeding tube in just in case his breathing is bad and they cannot bottle feed. I am pumping like crazy to make sure he gets pure breast milk. I now make enough that they do not have to supplement him at all with formula.

As for his PDA, it might be closed, it may not be, but it is not an issue right now. I guess it can take months to close, so we will just be following up with a caridologist when he gets out. Also we will see him for the small hole in his heart. He main issue is his breathing. When that gets under control, he can come home. I will have to take infant CPR and go through a car seat test too, but I am ok with that. I just REALLY want my baby. I tried to bake him as long as I could, but I guess he just wanted to come.

If you pray ladies, please pray for my little one. Every day that passes that he is not home, my heart breaks just a bit more. My only sanity right now is going to the NICU and holding him at least once a day. I just break down every time I leave him there. I miss him so much already.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!

Last edited by LindseyE117; June 6th, 2012 at 06:37 PM.