View Single Post
June 4th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayhay View Post
Nothing. He says it's stupid, so until she's big enough to make something herself, I'm not doing anything. I planned my own mother's day present (which was going to see a comedian two months beforehand). He went along, but didn't put any effort into it, and he didn't even get me a card on the real day. So he's not getting a darn thing! Can you tell he made me mad last night?
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! I'm the type of person that loves holidays and special occasions, so I would have been really upset by that. But I like to make a big deal out of thoughtful, personal gifts for others too so I say that I may have high standards for people (in a lot of ways, really lol) but I don't hold anyone to a higher standard than I hold myself! And I try not to do anything expensive. DH went a little overboard in terms of how much he spent on Mother's Day and I'm not going to try to top that or equal that, but I will put extra effort into how personal or thoughtful the gesture is, just to show him how much I care and that I appreciate him.