View Single Post
June 5th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Potty training our little guys can be an adventure -- and a challenge, jtg107! I remember when my son was 2 1/2, I thought it was time to start potty training. He wasn't interested at all in this whole process.

I decided to try again when he was three and actually had to physically show him that there were no more diapers in the house because he would cry and ask for a diaper when he needed to go. Wearing 'super hero' undies did help with this. I just had to make sure that his pants (or shorts) were easy for him to pull down on his own when he sat on the big potty. He always had the mindset, "I do it myself."

It was hard sometimes to not get frustrated when he started getting upset because he was afraid of having an accident. When my little guy realized that there was no going back to diapers, he eventually got on board. Mind you, it didn't happen overnight. I've worked with Focus on the Family and have come across a FAQ on their website about potty training that has been useful to me and many other moms. All you have to do is go to their home page and go to the bottom of the screen and click on FAQs. It will take you to a page with a search box. You can type in "potty training" and a number of questions with answers will pop up about this topic.

I hope this helps...praying for you and your son!