View Single Post
June 6th, 2012, 08:16 AM
~l~
I am really trying to figure out what to do with our three girls. I will lay out all of the issues and then please can you give your opinions and advice?

We have a four bedroom house with an unfinished bonus room (eventually we will finish it, but not for another year or two).

Our two girls currently share the room that is closest to the Master. It is also the largest of the three non-master bedrooms. It could definitely fit all three girls. The other two rooms are guest rooms and both have queen beds.

We plan to have the baby in a bassinet in our room until she starts sleeping long stretches at night- maybe 4-6 months. At that point we will get a crib and set her up in a room.

My 4.5 year old is a very light sleeper- she usually wakes up as soon as she hears DH moving around in the morning (or this morning at 7AM when DD2 woke up screaming and crying for no reason).

My 22 month old usually wakes up once during the night and comes and climbs into bed with DH and I.

With DD1 being such a light sleeper, she almost never gets enough sleep and trying to get her to nap is futile 75% of the time. When she doesn't get enough sleep, her behavior is atrocious- making mommy very unhappy.

I have thought about moving DD1 to her own room and having the two youngest share once we put baby in her crib. If she sleeps with a sound machine and the door closed- maybe she won't awaken so easily before she has had enough sleep? My only concern with this is what if the baby wakes DD2 through the night?

We don't live near either side of our family, but we typically only get over-night visitors once or twice per year, but when we have visitors from DH's side, we need every possible bed.

So, I don't know- should we give each of our girls their own room in hopes that they will all sleep better? If yes, we could store the two queen beds in the bonus room until it is finished. DH has six kids in his family and he never, ever had his own room so he doesn't understand me wanting them to have their own rooms. I am torn though, because the few times we have visitors, we really need the two guest rooms. Should I give my oldest a queen bed so that visitors can use her bed when they come? If we move them around, I will want to paint each room to match their bedding, but I don't have the energy for that right now, nor would I want to make changes to wall color if the girls won't stay in their own rooms for long.

Thanks for listening and I appreciate any advice from an outside perspective.