View Single Post
June 6th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Veteran
HI Augie - no the twinges were in my uterus. They were no different than the pregnancy twinges I get, and as I learned yesterday during my pre-op exam, my uterus was the size of a 9-10 week pregnancy - so it and the placenta was still growing as though it were a normal pregnancy! That rattled me a little. But my G.S. was only 6w5d and slowly going down in size. HCG doubling only once every 2 weeks. Never a HB or FP seen.

I had my D&C this morning. I thought I was being brave and resolved, but in the pre-op room when I was changing into my gown, I started crying and felt almost panicked. I wanted to change my mind and go home. Everyone at the hospital was so great with me. Patient, loving, kind. My husband held my hand the whole time. Everyone made sure I knew that it was 100% my choice, with no repurcussions if I cancelled. I was afraid of the anaesthesia and actual surgery and I was emotionally hurting because I felt like I was having an abortion, even when such a thing was not technically possible if there never was a baby. After I cleared my head a bit, I decided to go forward with it. How many more weeks of this waiting and uncertainty would I endure before my body got the memo and started to naturally m/c? It had already been almost a month of waiting.

I am home now, resting. So far, it's going a lot easier than I thought it would. Minimal bleeding and cramping. A little tired from being put under. A little sad. But in hindsight I am actually very glad I put on my big girl pants and just did it. *tears*

Thanks for reading this long update.