View Single Post
June 6th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Our cat was a homeless cat when we got him we have had him for 6 yrs and he's 7 .

I keep on wondering if our vet is doing it the wrong way as I read online 30-40 minutes with insertion of a needle to draw urine out or catheter as they say they don't do that as that only reaches the top tract not bottom and lower one if he has stones/crystals are found in lower catch.

They having him in a kennel on nothing,with food/water and empty litter box. They said they can't use litter as it needs to be like he peed in a cup.

They also don't have him laying on anything in there except the kennel floor because they want him to use the box.

I'm not a vet so I don't know as it's like I'm feeling this is not a good situation for our cat and am afraid he's thinking he's being abdanoned as he staying there until he goes pee which he hasn't gone pee at all like more than 24 hrs and it don't seem like he's eating/drinking there.

I'm thinking of just to go back and get him tomorrow if he hasn't peed there and see about doing the catch myself.

So I would need advice as our cat really sits when he pees.