View Single Post
June 7th, 2012, 09:23 AM
praying for our rainbow
Ok I need some advice and thought this would be the best place to come for advice. I have a step-daughter who is almost 6 years old. me and DH have been married going on 2 years, it has been rocky but we are still here. There has been a lot of court dates fighting to be able to see my SD in these 2 years which has torn us apart, but now we are strong again. My mom is the issue, she does not include my SD in anything. She wants her to call her Mammaw, but singles her out of everything. She buys her birthday, Christmas, Easter things but will do nothing with her. She takes my son out to eat, walking with her etc but just totally ignores SD. Today she came over to get my son to take him out of town to eat and my SD is sitting there asking her if she can go, and she just ignores her and asks if my son is ready to go. Im furious at this. I don't want to put my relationship and my son's relationship with my mom on the line but this can't cont. She is hurting my SD. Easter and christmas pictures she won't include her, doesn't even come up and give her a hug, SD has to approach her, but yet my mom will hug my COUSINS gf's kids no problem. We have a baby due in October and shes all talking about how shes going to take him her and there and buy him this and that, im like ***?! She down plays me wanting to cloth diaper, constantly acts like im this HORRIBLE mom, like I don't know how to raise my kids. She doesn't even ask to get my son just tells me when and where she is getting him. How would you ladies approach this?