Recipe of the Week - June 08
View Single Post
June 8th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Co Host - July 2011 PR
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Extra Healthy Mac and Cheese
You will need:
1/4 cup of cheddar cheese
1/4 cup of riccotta cheese
1/4 cup of pureed cauliflower or squash
1 tsp. of butter
2-3 tbs. of milk
1 cup of wholegrain maccaroni noodles
1. In a small sauce pan mix your cheeses, butter and milk and melt it all down.
2. Add in your cauliflower or squash
3. Mix really well (I like using my baby bullet to really get it nice and creamy)
4. Toss into noodles and stir well.
5. Voila! Healthy, yummy, good for you Mac and Cheese!
Charlie will usually eat half of what this recipe makes. I will eat what's left over but I like adding a bit of salt and pepper to taste.
Let me know what you ladies think! And let me know what the true taste testers think too lol
Thank you tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy!
Proud mama to 10 month old,
View Public Profile
Visit dragonfly's homepage!
Find all posts by dragonfly