View Single Post
June 9th, 2012, 09:18 PM
DOh!
Umm anywhere and everywhere

Leo's fav. place to do math is hanging upside down over the edge of the couch. He says he thinks better that way. Who am I to argue with that logic? It's not my brain, lol.

We don't really have any extra rooms or anything like that. If we did, it would probably just be a place to store stuff, not necessarily learn in. I like letting them choose their environment. I figure as long as they get the work done, their comfort is number one priority. If they screw around(and it has happened) then they have to sit wherever I tell them(sometimes at a table, at the counter, on the couch or floor, etc..). This works really well for them. Being able to find their own little corner, wherever it happens to be, is all part of the process for them.

They've chosen some mighty weird places, but if it works, I say go for it. When it's nice out, we do most of it outdoors. They've still picked some odd places even outdoors though. I used to think they only did that because they thought it was funny(and, really, it was/is). But I've come to realize that most of the time, that's not their motivation. They're simply quirky.