Topic: I hate my
View Single Post
August 24th, 2006, 06:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
Hugs! (I wish I had Jo's cute little hug emoticon! Plus the "jaw drop" one, which is REALLY appropriate here!) It's amazing how mean kids can be, but it's even MORE amazing how mean the parents were. You can really tell where the little girls get it from, can't you? I agree with everything that the other ladies said about killing them with kindness and finding a friend for Hailey to have over.
It's a hard lesson to learn, but it is a lesson for her both in how to respond to someone who is hateful and what a real friend is not. There are two girls in our neighborhood and we've had to deal with some drama of this same nature from one of them, and it's so hard to see your child get their feelings hurt by another kid! It really brings out the "Mama Bear" in you!! *grrrrr* One time, both little girls were over here playing and decided they wanted to go and play at....ummm, we'll call her Jana.....at Jana's house. Well, Reilly can't play at Jana's house, and the little girls started saying, "Oh, I'm really tired. I"m going home to take a nap" and just lying through their teeth. Of course Reilly could tell they were lying and she started crying and saying, "Mom, they're tricking me!" as they were leaving...it nearly broke my heart in two! I hated to see her go through that! But I was able to use it as an opportunity to talk about what a real friend does and how a real friend acts. We then went to visit my best friend and her kids so that we could play with some real friends.
Again, big hugs!
Honestly, one of the things I like about homeschooling is that is minimizes situations like this!

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!