Topic: 2 under 2
View Single Post
June 12th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Babywearing is a life saver with closely spaced babies. Especially if you can get a good secure back carry for the littlest one - really frees you up so baby doesn't have to be left to cry. (not my style at all!)

Also, we tend to be harder on ourselves and higher expectations about the house and things that *need* to get done then what is really necessary. Accept that things (ie. the house) are going to be less than perfect and that is okay. And then, on the other hand, we have low expectations about what the older sibling may be able to do. My 2 year olds are capable of feeding the dogs, sorting silverwear, and helping sort and move laundry. (all with me supervising, but this encourages them and prepares them to help out more as they get older.)

It is a blessing and a challenge having closely spaced babies. You are getting ready to embark on the hardest part. It gets easier as they get older, yet there are tremendous blessings at each stage.

Mama to:
Nick, 19
Abby, 17
Gabe, 15
Isaac, 13
Mary-Kate, 12
Sam, 11
Henry, 10
Molly, 8
Mark, 7
Greta, 5
Cecilia, 4