View Single Post
June 13th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We plan to help them with post high school education, although they will have to pay some too. We're going to encourage them to go to a school in the area and live at home however if now we'll also help with dorm costs.

Cell phone is their expense if they want one.

Clothes we will buy what they need as long as they live at home, but if they want top brand names then they will have to pay the extra. As in if I can buy them a winter coat for $75 but the one they want is $150 they need to come up with the extra $75.

Car is there expense if they want one, along with insurance and fuel costs. We'll help them cover the cost of their license though.

I got my first full time summer job babysitting 10 hour days 5 days a week when I was 12, by the time I was 14 I was working full time summers, Christmas break and March break in a factory, at 16 I added an evening job at a local library. My factory job then turned into an office job at the same company, and my libary job continued through college. I was able to pay for my own car, insurance, gas, clothes, cell phone ect. I was even able to save enough for a down payment on a house. My parents paid basic tuition and books for college for me. I loved the feeling of indepenance and want my kids to be able to do the same.