View Single Post
June 16th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Me and Jesus <3 You
I believe it is our job to help bring people to Christ. The Bible tells us to preach the gospel and proclaim is fearlessly. I believe that God will certainly speak to people and bring them to Himself through the Holy Spirit, but I also believe we have a part to play. If not, then what were all the disciples doing? What was their goal if not to bring others to Christ and teach the word of God?

A lot of Paul's writing are corrections and/or directions to different people, which to me, equates to a man teaching others what they need to know in order to grow in their own relationship with God. He received word from the Holy Spirit which is our helper and our direct line of communication with God, and he went out and shared the word. Paul also says that he makes himself a slave to others just to "win as many as possible" and that "by all means possible might save some." Jesus himself said "I will make you fishers of men." Jesus also called his disciples his witnesses to the ends of the earth. In Matthew, Jesus tells his disciples to "go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost." And he says that if we have faith in Him, that we will do what he did and even greater things; Jesus certainly won souls.

There are lots of ways to get to Christ and to get others to Christ. I wouldn't consider it a sport, but more of a blessing. Our church does an outreach each month to help "win souls", and it's an amazing blessing to come to church on Sunday and hear that X number of people received Jesus into their hearts or to see new people start coming. My husband and I were saved this way. In a WalMart parking lot by a man and woman from our church. I am so thankful that God directed those people to go out and to speak to people, and I am SO thankful that they listened & responded to the Holy Ghost.