View Single Post
June 20th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
I would see an allergist in addition to the GI. They work together in these sorts of situations. I would check for milk and soy intolerance before checking for corn. As a last resort you can do Elecare or Neocate but they taste pretty bad. They have no protein in them which is what causes almost all reactions to occur. Some children tolerate one over the other but if his GI issues are still that bad I would probably push for one of these as it sounds like a protein intolerance (most likely milk or soy but could be corn though it is much less likely). Protein intolerances cause mucousy poops because they irritate the GI tract then the GI tract produces more mucous to try and coat and protect it... :/ Also, most allergy blood tests and skin prick tests will show negative for GI related allergies. We have found that the best test has been skin patch testing though the foods are somewhat limited that can be tested that way. Corn, milk, and soy can all be tested that way however. I hope you get some answers soon!

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.