View Single Post
June 21st, 2012, 01:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
A woman's monthly cycle can vary. If you generally have cycles that last the same amount of time each month (like mine is generally 29 days), then yes, waiting until your period is late is generally a good time to take a test. If you have wacky cycles, and your ovulation happens at different times, then it's hard to gauge when to test. The short answer is that you can take an accurate test around 14 days past ovulation, whenever that happens.

The gals are right that once you ovulate, the machine is in motion and no amount of stress or outside factors will change when your period is coming.

If you took the morning after pill, you've probably just given your system a nasty jolt of hormones which is messing you up with all the symptoms and feeling crappy.

I know you know this, but I'm going to say it anyway- if you dont' want a baby now, which is a good idea at 17 and just about to enter college, don't ever have unprotected sex. Always use protection. Always. Use it correctly. If your boyfriend gives you a hard time, you say no or get on the pill. If you just don't feel like it, remember this stressed feeling- which is a whole lot easier to deal with than an actual pregnancy and baby. I'm a little concerned that it sounds like you had a scare last year- you know how babies are made, so do take actions every time to ensure it doesn't happen if now isn't the time for you!