View Single Post
June 25th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hate staying down there. The beds are very uncomfortable. I'd prefer to just do the day trips if we can. I figure I'm probably going to be tired enough from nighttime feedings, am I going to be able to handle a poor night's sleep along with him waking up every few hours?

I think the same thing about wanting to make sure that I don't have any regrets. That's why I offered the Friday thing. It's just frustrating in part because I feel like they hardly ever take what's best and easiest for me into consideration. This is going back years and having some childhood baggage attached, so I'm really trying to let it go and be an adult here, but I have no idea what it's going to be like to have a newborn. I hate staying the night there now and get grumpy after sleeping on that bed, am I really going to want to do that with a newborn? And if I'm miserable and overtired is it really going to be an enjoyable visit?

My mom is only awake for a few hours a day anyways, so even if I stayed all weekend she'd probably get at most 15 hours of time with him. I think it works out to her getting more time with him if I go down regularly on Fridays than to take a random weekend. I know I'm not a math genius, but still, I think the math works out...I could get that 15 hours in 3 Fridays per month and it'll probably feel more comfortable for me.

I guess except for this vision my mom had of coming up for a few days when I had the baby, which just isn't realistic at this point, I don't understand the big deal about my Fridays idea.