View Single Post
June 27th, 2012, 10:10 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalthinking View Post
What question would you most like us to answer for you? Any suggesstions on 3rd row SUVs? Also, anyone got a Honda Oddessy and how awesome is it? We need new cars.
We have looked extensively at SUVs with 3rd row seating and minivans. We actually have an SUV with 3rd row seating (Toyota Land Cruiser) and we're getting rid of it in favor of a Honda Odyssey. The SUV has the "cool Mom" factor, but it really isn't convenient otherwise. It gets terrible gas mileage, is a pain to get the kids in and out, and it sits up quite tall...so everything has to be lifted that much higher. Plus with the 3rd row seats in it, there is only about 12" of space behind the 3rd row...not much room for groceries or luggage.

We have test-driven Odyssey's and also borrowed one from a friend for a test run with all the car seats. It is AWESOME. Double the gas mileage There are storage compartments for everything, and lots of space behind the 3rd row for strollers, groceries, luggage, etc. Seating is very flexible...the seats can be moved, rearranged, tilted, slid over, removed, etc. to give you the arrangement that works best for you. I swore I'd never be a minivan Mama, but I can't wait to get our Odyssey because it will make my life SO much easier.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)