View Single Post
June 27th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMH View Post
We have looked extensively at SUVs with 3rd row seating and minivans. We actually have an SUV with 3rd row seating (Toyota Land Cruiser) and we're getting rid of it in favor of a Honda Odyssey. The SUV has the "cool Mom" factor, but it really isn't convenient otherwise. It gets terrible gas mileage, is a pain to get the kids in and out, and it sits up quite tall...so everything has to be lifted that much higher. Plus with the 3rd row seats in it, there is only about 12" of space behind the 3rd row...not much room for groceries or luggage.

We have test-driven Odyssey's and also borrowed one from a friend for a test run with all the car seats. It is AWESOME. Double the gas mileage There are storage compartments for everything, and lots of space behind the 3rd row for strollers, groceries, luggage, etc. Seating is very flexible...the seats can be moved, rearranged, tilted, slid over, removed, etc. to give you the arrangement that works best for you. I swore I'd never be a minivan Mama, but I can't wait to get our Odyssey because it will make my life SO much easier.
Well DBF is a SAHD so he's the one carting the kids around all day, and he's in love with the Honda Oddyssey! Like before I even got pregnant this time he was showing me pictures of them going "Look! Look how cool it is! It looks like a real van! Look babe, storage! Hey, you said you like Hondas and can work on them!" (I do minor car repairs, and diganois whats wrong with our cars).

Since he'll be with the kids all day I'm considering the 3rd row so I can have room for the kiddos if needed but otherwise ya know...I'm rollin in style...with cheerios stuck in my hair (there were cheerios in my hair when I got to work). But heck, the Oddyssey sound awesome...maybe we can be those people with matching cars...