View Single Post
June 27th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Margaret
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Froggy View Post
Playing devils advocate... what if your very young daughter was raped and became pregnant. She had an extremely complicated pregnancy where she is told that if she goes on with the pregnancy she will have an extremely high likelihood of dying, as would the baby because of the trauma from birth. SO... what would you choose... both your child and grandchild dying, or abortion?

I am sorry but this argument makes not sense to me. So, daughter is raped and she becomes pregnant. Let's say she doesn't know right away and first goes to doc at 12 weeks - or whenever I guess - it doesn't really matter. So, at that point the doc can already tell the pregnancy will be so complicated and if she continues she will likely die? Or are you talking later in the pregnancy? I'm trying to figure out what the possible situation would be where a doctor could predict so early on that the pregnancy will be SO complicated that the mom and baby will both die.

"Authentic love is not a vague sentiment or a blind passion. It is an inner attitude that involves the whole human person. It is looking to the other, not to use but to serve. It is rejoicing when the other rejoices and suffers when the other suffers. Love is the gift of self." JPII