View Single Post
June 28th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi there, I've been lurking on here for almost the last year. I had two miscarriages last year at 11 and 9 weeks and am now 17 weeks pregnant with what appears to be a keeper!

I've been reading in my DDC and in those surrounding and I can't help but notice the language that the women use. There's lots of saying that they want to go unmedicated, but that if they can't do it then that's fine. I'm hormonal and it's a little thing to key in on, but it seems like such a self defeating thing to say. Now I know that there are times when things get stalled or there are problems that make an epidural a good idea, just like there are times when a C-Section is necessary. But thinking that you can't do it? What happened for thousands of years before any kind of drugs in childbirth? It's not like there's going to be some time during labor when you can say "sorry, I changed my mind. Not gonna do this."

I guess I just needed to vent that a little... and it's easy for me to say I guess since I'm planning on delivering at a Birth Center not attached to a hospital so an epidural won't even be a possibility for me. I just think that we psyche ourselves out so much about the pain that we forget about everything else.