View Single Post
June 29th, 2012, 08:08 PM
TTCMA as of July 2014
CD 26, 11 DPO, Cycle #1

It's Friday! Happy Friday, everyone!

Today was a good day, and it's not even over yet. DH and I met with a perinatologist and I LOVE her already. I really hope I have reason to be one of her patients in the very near future. (For those of you that are unclear, perinatologists are doctors that are specialized in high-risk pregnancies - if I get pregnant, I would be considered high-risk because of my age, my type 1 diabetes, and my history of high blood pressure.) She spent about an hour and 45 minutes with us, telling us about the risks, and answering our questions. It was VERY helpful, and she really put my mind at ease that if problems arose, I would be in good hands (as well as the baby, of course). The next step involves a letter that she will write to my regular OB/GYN talking about the things that we discussed, and some blood work will be done. In addition, I'll have a urine test to determine my kidney function, a thyroid test to determine if there are any problems there, an electrocardiogram to determine the condition of my heart, and a test for toxoplasmosis (since we have two cats). Then, we wait and see what happens. I'm aware that I may never see her again, but I'm at peace with that for now.

One thing she did say that I'm going to ask my OB/GYN about is that she said that the luteal phase is always 14 days. But I don't understand how that can be right. Maybe she meant that the AVERAGE luteal phase is 14 days. That would make more sense, but when I tried to tell her I didn't know when I should be getting my period this cycle because I had never charted it before now, she said it should be 14 days from ovulation. Hmmm... So, I'll be seeing my OB/GYN at some point, and I'll ask her.

Bottom line: even though there are a LOT of scary things that can happen, I'm relieved and settled knowing what I know now. I feel good that we're not going into this blindly, thinking that it will be all goodness and light. She even said something like, "So, diabetes, is that it? I mean, I know that's a lot by itself, but I was expecting something harder to deal with." Made me chuckle, anyway.

So, the plan is still to test on Sunday, provided AF hasn't arrived. I'm still feeling cramps, and they were more significant today, at various times, and only for a few seconds. THAT'S weird for me. My bbs are a little sore, as well, but that's not new or different. The things that are weird are: steady cramps for the last several days (already mentioned), no water retention (this is VERY strange for me), no obsessive hunger, and no acne breakout. I told DH that a symptom of PG could be breasts that feel fuller, and heavier and he said, "How could you tell that? Yours are so small..." Did he REALLY just say that?! He said it so innocently that I ALMOST believed he wasn't trying to poke fun. ALMOST.

Now, we're trying to figure out what to do for dinner. Nothing sounds good that we have in the house, but neither of us want to go out and get anything, either.

Well, that's it for now. I'm trying not to think about testing tomorrow, instead of Sunday. I may cave and do it, though...

Have a good night, everyone!

-Christi

Me: 41 (almost), DH: 44 (He has a 15-year-old from a previous marriage)
I'm a Type 1 diabetic (27 years and counting), and I've had gastric bypass (Dec, 2013 - currently 5 lbs away from goal weight)

Started with an RE on 7/23/2014 and so far:

SA came back with 44 million, 27.3% alive
Fibroids present, endometriosis suspected
HSG normal - both tubes open

Cycle 1: August, 2014 - Unsuccessful

Cycle 2: September, 2014 - Chemical Pregnancy

Cycle 3: October, 2014 - Failed IUI

Cycle 4: November, 2014 - IUI (currently in the 2WW)