View Single Post
June 30th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Pageturner
Hi there! My name is Morgan, and I've been a member of justmommies since Feb, but I mostly post in my due date club, October. My baby is due Oct. 26, and it's a boy :-) I've been seeing a midwife, and plan to do a natural water birth at their birthing center. I love how much attention the midwives pay to me, and that ever appointment is at least an hour long, assuring that I get a chance to ask all my questions. I really feel like they care about me there. The only issue I have with my birthing center is that they have an RN on staff who is very abrasive and snappy. If she is teaching the birthing classes I may look elsewhere for classes.

We are also breastfeeding and cloth diapering. Not only will it save us money, but it's truly what will be best for my baby. I want to make my own baby food too, but I may not do that full-time. His daycare will provide baby food while he's there so I will probably just do it at home.

I hope to meet and make friends with some other natural mommas on here!

I do have a question. I, personally, do not agree with co-sleeping, which seems to be a HUGE natural-momma trend lately. I can't bring myself to do that to my child. For one, I would be afraid to roll over on my child in my sleep and suffocate him. Also, I agree with the baby growing attached to us, but I don't think it's healthy to become overly attached--I want my child to be independent. I want him to learn to fall asleep without me constantly by his side.

Edit: I should point out that the baby will be sleeping in a crib right next to me, just not in the bed with me.

If there is something i'm missing here, please tell me or point me to a website that explains co-sleeping, because it just doesn't make logical sense to me.

Hope I haven't turned you all off to me, I just really wanna know the logic behind it :-)

Last edited by Pageturner; June 30th, 2012 at 06:45 AM.