View Single Post
July 1st, 2012, 11:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_tops View Post
Also, congratulations on week 17. That must feel pretty amazing!
It really does! Thanks! I was starting to wonder if I'd ever get to this point...

I get the idea that no one should feel like a failure if they've done their best and end up having to go a different route for the health of their baby or themselves. Things happen that we don't have any control over.... But I just wish that women grew up with more of a belief and understanding of what their bodies are capable of. I cringe every time I see a birth on TV or in a movie because I know now how unreal it is and how much the pain is played up over everything else.

And yeah, I'm one of those FTMs that gets the whole "just you wait" line all the time. Plus my mom is an RN and is slightly freaked by our not being at the hospital for delivery. But I'm lucky to be in a community and have a lot of friends that are big believers in making birth as natural and intervention free as possible, so I've gotten a lot of support and resources from them. And have a husband that is 100% behind the idea. I know that there's no reason right now for me to not have the birth I want.

Last edited by BeckyBozeman; July 1st, 2012 at 11:41 AM.