View Single Post
July 3rd, 2012, 08:44 AM
Adopting One of Each!
CD 30, 15 DPO, Cycle #1

Be forewarned...

I wish my body would just get on with it, already. I had another HUGE temp drop today, and now my post-ovulation temps look like the Swiss Alps. My reaction this morning was, "Ok, SERIOUSLY?!" And, even though I've gotten many of the symptoms of AF, still no AF yet. HURRY UP SO WE CAN GET TO THE NEXT CYCLE!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrr.

I did some research into IVF and local REs around Tucson last night, even though I told myself that I wouldn't and that if it didn't happen naturally, then we would just let the foster care option progress to adoption. But whenever I think that, I always come back to another thought, "If we don't try it, and try it as soon as we can, then we'll never know." Obviously, it depends on a LOT of factors (the most obvious being getting pregnant without MA, of course) but I truly believe that if we had to use donor eggs I think that would be a deal-breaker for me. Most of the reason for me going to extremes to have my own child is because, well, it would be my OWN child. There are too many unknowns dealing with donor eggs that I'm not willing to explore. Everything else, however, is still on the table, in my opinion. My husband isn't as convinced, of course, but mainly because he knows how much of a strain it would be on us financially, emotionally, physically, etc. I'm still REALLY bothered by the fact you have to wait the prescribed amount of time before seeking assistance. My philosophy is, why wait 6 months to find out there's a problem that would most likely have prevented pregnancy from the first day? But whatever, it's my own frustration to overcome, I suppose.

Oh, and did I mention I'm STILL having cramps?! Lovely... (And yes, being in a pissy mood IS a symptom of for me, as well. So good of you to notice.)

And I don't know what it is about TTC and now noticing EVERYONE around you is PG, EXCEPT for you, of course. A gal I work with every so often (she's in another dept and I typically chat with her via e-mail) came to a meeting with me yesterday, and she's PG. Then, on the way home, I hear that Adele (the pop singer) is PG. Oh, and last week, I met with a gal who I'd never met with before in-person (again, just e-mail), and she's WAY PG. Of course.

Ok, rant over. For now, anyway.

So, on the positive front, today is July 3rd and that means that tomorrow is a day off! Woo hoo! More importantly, it's a chance to celebrate (again) all that our veterans have done to ensure our freedom. My DH gave 22 years of his life to the USAF; I can't tell you how proud of him, and his family, I am. It also means that we're a week away from leaving for vacation. While that is exciting, of course, it's also scary. I have SOOOOOOO much to get done between now and then, it's not even funny. The list I created a few days ago has grown, exponentially, and I'm certainly not crossing things off as fast as I would like. So, this weekend is going to be BUSY. Oh well, maybe I can keep my mind off of my TTC frustrations.

And, I said my rant was over, so I won't mention how frustrating it is to get people to come to their own 20-year reunion. SHEESH! You'd think we wanted them to come so we could pull their teeth or something. Oh yeah, NOT mentioning that...

Well, better get back to work now. What a "blah" day today...

-Christi