View Single Post
July 3rd, 2012, 09:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
With Red it was a total shock to him as how natural it all came to him. He was very excited that we were having a baby and he knew he loved her already but he did not realize how much insane, crazy love he would feel for her. Right from the start he bonded with her. We had some hickups in the beginning with me feeling overwhelmed with caring for her but once I told him I needed more help and in what way we got past it.

He adores her so much that he spends most of his spare time playing with her. She is "Daddy's Little Girl" through and through. He is traveling out of state for work right now and we go with him because he can't stand to be away from her for more than a day.

Advice for new mommies: Tell your husbands what your needs are with the baby. Take 30 minutes of each day for yourself. Have Daddy help out and be specific about what you need help with. They don't get it and in Red's case he was shocked as he did not realize how much I was exhausted.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.