View Single Post
July 5th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Elias's slave..err..Mommy
Hello. Not sure if many of you remember me much but I am on the July/Aug fence with my little bub, though early on the OB told me my EDD was Aug. 1 so I've spent most of my time on that DDC, but I do read here as well

Just thought I'd ask over here about labor symptoms. If any of you have BTDT or have already had your baby now, my question is this: What were your early signs leading up to labor? How were you feeling in the days before hand? Did you know it was coming? Was it out of no where? Were you having cramps or anything before your water broke, or did your water not even break before contractions got bad?

I ask because I've had a lot of BH and they seem to be getting more painful these days. I also have a lot of cramping low front almost like period cramps. I'm not sure if this is a sign labor is getting close or not.

A few nights ago I went to L&D because I thought my water broke (turned out it was my mucus plug dislodging and a small amount of fluid behind it, though not amniotic fluid, gushed out soaking my pants a bit) and they checked me and at 36w2d I was 1-2 cm dilated and 75% effaced. I was having lots of contractions but they weren't evenly spaced so they sent me home.

So, now I wonder how close I might really be to real labor. So anything you ladies can share with me about what you felt before you went into labor, moods, pains, hunger, cramps, anything at all, I'd love to get your input Thanks, ladies.