View Single Post
July 6th, 2012, 08:18 AM
TTCMA as of July 2014
Karin - I'm sorry I'm just NOW responding to your post. I can completely understand about you not wanting to travel when you're 7 months PG. I wouldn't either! Thanks for the kind words and your uneneding support, as well.

Nikki - Thanks for the reply, and the much-needed hugs! Ok, I promise I won't close out this journal if I do end being dx with PCOS. Although, I hope to have to close it out for ANOTHER, much happier reason. You're right... I thought I couldn't handle losing my sister, and while that is generally true, she did happen to make it a little easier toward the end. She started pulling away from both me and my mom, the two closest people in her life, and though we didn't understand it then, we know now that she was specifically creating that distance to prepare us, I believe. But, I will still miss her for the rest of my life...

And now for the good news...

CD 1, Cycle #2!!!!!!!!!!

finally made her appearance this morning! So, apparently last cycle was 32 days, and my luteal phase was 17 days, if I O'd on CD 15 like I think I did. I'm just glad that we can move on to another cycle. I'm still waiting to hear from my OB/GYN about testing for PCOS, but now I have to call them again to find out about testing FSH on CD 3 (which will be Sunday). They're going to LOVE talking to me by the time we leave for WA on Wednesday morning. LOL

And, that means that we'll be staying with my parents in ID when I O. YAY! Well, at least my mom and dad know that we're TTC, so it could be more awkward, I guess. But on the other hand, I really don't want them to KNOW that we'll be BD in their house while visiting... (BTW, what kind of emoticon could I use for that?!) I guess this means I'll be bringing my BBT, OPKs, and HPTs with me.

Because this is CD 1, I've got pretty killer cramps today. And of course I'm at work, so that makes it funner. I think I've got some Midol somewhere around here; I may have to go hunting for that later.

I'm still thinking that PCOS might be a problem, even with a 32-day cycle and not needing meds to have AF come to visit. We'll just have to see.

And, for the record, I'm seriously thinking about doing a round or two of IUI if the time comes. The meds will be covered, and the procedure itself isn't that expensive, so that might be an appropriate compromise - medical intervention without the level/cost of IVF. We'll have to see about egg quality, SA, etc.

In other news, this weekend will be BUSY as it's the last weekend we're in town before leaving for two weeks. Last night, the daughter of a gal I used to work with came over to get instructions and meet Bad Kitty. He'll be the only one in the house during our vacation as the other two have temporary homes during our time away. Daytona is going to a friend from work who has another cat about her age, and they get along really well. Her cat would like some company, so that worked out fine. Mollie (our Golden Retriever) will be going to Virginia's grandparents as they already have a large dog, and Mollie and Bomber get along well, too. So, it's only BK that's the odd man out. But, he'd prefer to be in his own house than with a boarder, so that works out. And, paying the gal to come over every so often is cheaper than getting him boarded.

The Pilot goes in for an oil change, nitrogen in the tires, and power steering fluid topped off tomorrow morning, then I have a nail/hair appointment at 2pm. On Sunday, I'm going to get blood work done (TSH) and BK has an appointment at the vet to find out why he's scratching his hair off on his back between his front shoulder blades. That should be fun for all involved.

Of course, then we have to clean, wash clothes, pack, update the iPod, get stuff together for the reunion, and I have to find something remotely flattering to wear. I'm NOT looking forward to that. But it's one of those necessary evil things.

Ok, I've rambled on too long already. I hope everyone has a great weekend, and here's some baby dust for all!

-Christi

Me: 40, DH: 44 (He has a 15-year-old from a previous marriage)
I'm a Type 1 diabetic (27 years and counting), and I've had gastric bypass (8 months ago - currently 15 lbs away from goal weight)

TTC for roughly 2 years now with no hint of success thus far.

Started with an RE on 7/23/2014 and so far:

SA came back with 44 million, 27.3% alive
Fibroids and endometriosis evidence present
HSG normal - both tubes open

Cycle 1: August, 2014
CD 3 - 7: Clomid
CD 14: Post-Coital test (cervical cells look great, no sperm present)
CD 16: Ovulation
CD 21: Progesterone @ 12.0
CD 28: Ultrasound to check for...? Not sure at this point.