View Single Post
July 6th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
I'm 13w3d today. *I* considered myself in the second trimester 3 days ago, just because I'll be having my baby early, and because a lot of sources say that I can...and because it makes the wait time seem shorter! I am NOT trying to rush this pregnancy, but my anxiety is really getting the best of me some days. That's okay, though. I'm slowly getting more comfortable with this. If I didn't have all the other stuff going on, I don't know if I'd be more worried about the pregnancy, or less worried overall. Moot point, though, since I can't avoid any of it. Hahaha

I am exhausted and sick still. I am not loving that. I so hope that this doesn't go the way of DS1's pregnancy, when I stayed sick all the way through. In 6 days, I lost 3 lbs. Ugh. I'm sure that the OB would love to know that. I'm working on making calories count...but it's getting the food in my mouth, not throwing up, chewing it, not throwing up, swallowing it, and not throwing up that's the problem. Today, DS1 wanted green beans and spicy chili beans for lunch. It sounded TERRIBLE, but it was quite good! I'm so glad! I only ate a little, but it's still in there! We splurged yesterday to get some of my favorite food, and I could only eat the tiniest bit of it. Oh, I took home leftovers, so don't worry about that. No wasting here! Plus, I never know when it might sound good again. It does NOT sound good right now. Boo.

DS2 is still recovering from his surgery. He's so complicated to begin with, but I feel like little things keep cropping up to make it impossible for even one little thing to go smoothly for him. He's such a trooper. Hanging out in bed with him has probably been good for both of us. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he doesn't have to go back into the hospital. He's miserable, I'm miserable...just not good for anyone!

We move across the country in about a month. Wow. One month. We are so unprepared. Now that my family knows, I'm hoping that someone will step up and help us move. A friend and a cousin watched the kids for a few hours last time, but no one else! No other help. If it comes down to it, I guess that we can advertise on craigslist for cheap movers. I feel like that's asking for our stuff to be broken, though. In the meantime, I am searching for an apartment like crazy, sorting and packing our stuff, and figuring out how to transfer DS2's medical equipment and care. EEEEEK!

And in the middle of all this, we're trying to figure out how to get to the convention still. We had to stop fundraising due to the pregnancy and DS2's surgery, but we got a small scholarship, so I bit the bullet and registered. Now, we just have to get a ton more money in the next 2 weeks. Uh...awesome. I don't know what I was thinking. I'm panicking because we don't have the money to shell out and not have it refunded if we're not able to go. I'm working on it. I'm also going to have to make this pregnancy Facebook official before we go! Monday, I'm thinking. I'm already a little nervous about it! Haha! I have to make costumes if we go to the convention, too, for the costume party. I can't wait to see all these kids again! It's such a wonderful support system for us, and I consider it an integral part of DS2's care. It's just that pregnancy and surgeries sometimes change your plans.

I'm rambling. Like I said, I'm still exhausted. But I think that baby is doing fine in there. It's getting more and more real. I MIGHT have to buy maternity clothes soon. Oh, I already NEED maternity clothes, but I've just been wearing giant hippie dresses. Those work just fine for now. But when we move, I'll need warmer clothes, and I have NOTHING for that. My other kids were born in warm weather or warm climate, and this one will probably be born in a blizzard. I won't have access to the same stores where we're going, either...I learned my lesson the hard way the last 2 times.

I should probably try to be productive. We'll see how long I last without vomiting. I feel like I should make this a contest. Instead of "when will the baby be born?" pools, I'll take up money for "how long can I clean without vomiting?" pools. Hint: it's usually somewhere around 5 minutes.