View Single Post
July 7th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJD3Tdance View Post
My mother is. My father is Methodist as was my mother when they got married. My FIL was raised Catholic and is nothing. My MIL is married to a Catholic man and so I think she sometimes identifies herself that way, though she is not Catholic actually as in I don't believe she's had First Communion or any of that. My step-FIL as I just mentioned is Catholic though non-practicing, he's never adjusted since Vatican II and won't budge on the fact that he doesn't like the way Mass is "entertaining" now...so he doesn't go...hmmm...

First let me apologize for dragging out such a terribly old post, but wanted to comment regarding your FIL. There are many many people that left the Church and wouldn't budge after Vatican II so he is by no means a minority. Let him know that if he would like to return to mass there are options. There are several groups out there that follow the traditional pre-Vatican II mass...the old calendar and everything. I was raised Novus Ordo, but discovered the Latin Tridentine mass about 12 years ago and have never looked back. I felt empty inside for years and hated the changes that were being made before my eyes and this was just in the 80's and 90's. Anyway, I now know more about my faith than I ever did. So please let him know he isn't alone and he can return to mass with like minded individuals that also don't enjoy an entertaining mass.