View Single Post
July 8th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Margaret
Quote:
Originally Posted by catherineclare View Post
I was raised Novus Ordo, but discovered the Latin Tridentine mass about 12 years ago and have never looked back. I felt empty inside for years and hated the changes that were being made before my eyes and this was just in the 80's and 90's. Anyway, I now know more about my faith than I ever did. So please let him know he isn't alone and he can return to mass with like minded individuals that also don't enjoy an entertaining mass.
There are at least a few of us here on the Catholic parenting board that attend the TLM and so i'm pretty confident she is familiar with it as it comes up every now and again. I did just want to add that I don't go to the TLM because I don't "enjoy an entertaining mass." - I don't think the Mass is about me and so I don't think it is very important for me to consider what I enjoy or don't enjoy. So, while some may attend the Traditional Latin Mass because they don't enjoy the Novis Ordo, there are other reasons. I'm not trying to be argumentative really, I get nervous though when all Traditionalists are painted with the same brush.

"Authentic love is not a vague sentiment or a blind passion. It is an inner attitude that involves the whole human person. It is looking to the other, not to use but to serve. It is rejoicing when the other rejoices and suffers when the other suffers. Love is the gift of self." JPII