View Single Post
July 10th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Hi Ladies,

A friend of mine told me about this board and I'm hoping you can give me some advice. I'm 34 and I have a 2 yo DD who we conceived easily. We've been trying for #2 since I got my PPAF in April 2011. I started charting and OPKs in June 2011 and we had well timed intercourse each month. My cycles were funky - late (for me) ovulation (CD 15 - 19) and a LPD. My LP was only 7 - 9 days. I got a rx for prometrium and the second month on it, got pg. I had a missed m/c in March at 9 weeks. Today marks my third failed try since the m/c.

In the meantime, I got tested and my AFC was only 7. My FSH is only 6, but my E2 was 75. So, I've been diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserves. DH is great.

My RE recommended 1 or 2 clomid/IUI cycles and then IVF. The thing is, my insurance requires "lesser before greater" interventions. Specifically 3 IUIs with injectables before IVF. I've started the appeal process with them, but I won't know the verdict for a while.

My DH is terrified of multiples and the RE seemed very against injectables. I've got a second opinion on Monday, but I want to get some sort of ball rolling now.

Also, my insurance has a $15k lifetime max, so that's not going to take us very far.

If you've made it to this point of the post, I'd love to hear what your advice is. Do I do the injectable rounds if the insurance rejects my appeal? I guess I have no other choice beyond paying OOP.

Anyways, just thought I'd see if you "experts" have some good ideas.

Thanks.

Last edited by macaco; July 10th, 2012 at 11:31 AM.