View Single Post
July 10th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Super Mommy
Hi there. I'm Audrey. I've been lurking in here for a while. Been thinking about the possibility of homeschooling my kids for a while and now that my oldest is ready for pre-k I feel like I need to make a decision.

But..... I'm pregnant with twins right now and it's a very high risk pregnancy. Bed rest is pretty much guaranteed and once the twins get here I'll definitely have my hands full. So I'm wondering if I should send her to preschool this year and start homeschooling in a year or two or if I should attempt to start homeschooling now or just skip pre-school all together.

From my lurking it seems like most of you take a break for a while with a newborn in the house. It makes me wonder if it makes any sense at all to start something now knowing we'll be interuppted in a few months, possibly for a looooong time.

Anyone homeschooled their older kids while on bed rest? How did you make it work? I'm probably going to be hiring a mother's helper pretty soon. Do you think it would be fair to ask someone else to take on homeschooling my kids for a while?

My kids are 2 1/2 and 4 1/2 and I'm due in January.

Any imput would really be appreciated.
~Mother of Miracles