Topic: Check-in
View Single Post
August 25th, 2006, 09:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I've been doing alright. Mom and Dad went up to the house last weekend to clean out some of their clothes and personal things, and I asked Mom if she could find it to bring back Grammie's sweater for me. It's a navy blue sweater that buttons, 2 big pockets on either side at the bottom. She wore it all the time when she was leaving the house, or even just around the house if it was chilly. I've been sleeping with it next to me, every once in awhile hugging it and smelling it. I've worn it a few times and I'll pull it tight and just close my eyes and breathe in the smell. I don't want to wash it because I don't want to lose that smell. I haven't really been feeling sad, and I feel kind of bad for that. I just don't really feel anything much towards the whole thing right now... I think about it and I realize what's happened, but it's like it's not real and it isn't happening to me. I had a siggy made and put it in my signature... the verse is a piece from the poem that was on their memorial card.

It's my mom's sister Val's 50th birthday tomorrow. The whole family is going up for a surprise get together kind of thing. As Mom said, we need to be together for some happy. Last time we were all in one place, well... So it should be good tomorrow to see everyone again, for a happier occasion. Anyways enough rambling from me.

What's everyone else up to this weekend? And how are you doing?