View Single Post
July 13th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had no clue I was going to miscarry when I did (around 11 weeks). I woke up in the night and got up to pee or something (I don't remember exactly) and there was a spot of blood on the bed. I looked in my underwear and realized I was spotting. Then I had an ultrasound and realized I had a "blighted ovum." It was another day or 2 when I really started bleeding a lot.

Looking back I think I remembered when someone asked how I was feeling, I said, I was feeling really sick for a while, but now I feel a lot better. I said that apparently my morning sickness went away early, and I didn't think much of it. But I wonder if that's when it happened.

HOWEVER, in later pregnancies I remember worrying whenever I started "feeling better" (i.e. less morning sickness symptoms, etc) and thought "OH NO." But my baby was completely fine. So you really can't know until you know or have major warning signs like a lot of cramping or bleeding. Otherwise, try not to worry because symptoms or lack thereof don't tell you anything.

If it makes you feel better, I believe once they detect a heartbeat by ultrasound, the chance of a miscarriage drops a lot.

[/url]