View Single Post
July 13th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
post meals under 120? Eeek. Mine are 125-145.

I remember that my OB said fasting number should be under 100, too. Mine is almost always over 100. This morning it was 112. Average I'd say is 115, and 120 is about the highest it is in the morning recently.

My theory is my blood sugar isn't any worse right now than it was before I was pregnant. I checked it every now and then and I remember one was 111. But before pregnancy I think that would be considered pre-diabetes (wouldn't you say?), but NOT diabetic. But being pregnant now, that is considered gestational diabetes. Not sure what to think about that... And no matter what I eat, my fasting number doesn't seem to go up or down easily.

To boot, I can't get ahold of my OB. I've tried calling on 2 different days, a total of 4 times I think, and I let it ring like 20 rings and nobody picks up! And on their answering machine it says they are only open MT and F now. What the... I would like to schedule my first prenatal, plus ask about these blood sugar numbers.

Do you think my blood sugar being this high this early in pregnancy could be harming my baby?

[/url]