View Single Post
July 14th, 2012, 05:30 AM
Heather the Mama Duk
A year. We love politics. Maybe it's partly because of where we live. DC news is our local news so I grew up hearing about it all the time and so have my kids. We've been to so many rallies and things in DC over the years. So Ani's really looking forward to that part of her schooling at least. Bonus, it's an election year.

I'm basically creating everything she's doing cobbling together various resources. Yes, Calvert is PK-8 so she's done with Calvert.

For government we're using a Complete Idiot's Guide book. I can't remember exactly which one. Some videos from three Great Courses. You Decide (Supreme Court cases) from Critical Thinking. Also the textbook from Teacher Worksheets - School Curriculum - Home School Curriculum - Mathematics Lesson Plan - Core Curriculum | Complete Curriculum

For Earth and Space Science, we're using the textbook from Teacher Worksheets - School Curriculum - Home School Curriculum - Mathematics Lesson Plan - Core Curriculum | Complete Curriculum, some videos from three Great Courses, The Story of Science by Joy Hakim. I think that's it.

Math we use Teaching Textbooks.

Latin we're using CAP Latin Alive!

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside