Topic: Here we go!
View Single Post
July 15th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
A little update, we've had some scares. Last Monday night I began to bleed red blood, I was scared to death, by morning it tapered off to brown but I called my RE who was out of town so someone else seen me, they seen baby A's heartbeat right away but were not certain of baby B but I was measuring 3 days small, normal for twins, so even though I was 6 weeks 1 day at that time I was measuring 5 weeks 5 days which is super early to pick up the heart beat.

Over the next several days bleeding turned to a bit of brown discharge and then stopped. Friday I began to bleed again and called my OB since my RE is still out of town and nobody that does u/s's were in on Friday so my OB seen me asap, luckily we not only seen 2 heartbeats but got to hear them! My RE is a bit behind on equipment but my OB has good equipment and had a doppler built into their transvaginal u/s, the heartbeats were 127 bpm and 116 bpm, they also found out I had a small subchorionic hemorage which is a slight detachment of the placenta to the uterine wall, supposed to be very common and happens in as much as 30% of pregnant women, more common in mulitples. Good thing is nearly 85% of the time it does not cause any harm to the baby/ies and they resolve themselves.

I was relieved to know the bleeding didn't come from babies but I've been staying off my feet as much as possible with a 4 year old around, the bleed was also small which is encouraging, we go back Tuesday for another peak, really hoping the bleed will have shrunk but I am told this type of bleed can last a couple days to nearly half your pregnancy

A friend of mine that just had twins had this type of bleed until 19 weeks, hers was bad though but she just gave birth to 2 healthy baby boys, continue to keep my little ones in your thoughts and prayers, I think this pregnancy is going to be much more difficult than Jacob's, I am so very sick but it will all be worth it in the end.