View Single Post
July 19th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
1. Diaper Genie/Champ - Love mine. I recommend the Diaper Champ over the Diaper Genie because you can use your own bags instead of the refills. Yes they can start to smell, so you have to change them regularly but I'd rather keep that smell out of my kitchen or bathroom garbage. And here's a tip if you do get one - put a fresh dryer sheet in the bag and it will help the smell tremendously.

2. Wipes Warmer - Never used one and don't see how it would be necessary.

3. Changing Table - This is another one that a lot of people say you don't need, and I guess you don't really, but I find them convenient. I will say that when my son was a baby we will lived in small single-story house so it was easy to go to his room to change him every time. That may change now that we are in a larger 2-story. We'll see.

4. Bottle Warmer - Never used one. I heated them in the microwave (which is a no-no apparently) but I was careful and never gave my baby an over-heated bottle.

5. Boppy/Nursing Pillow - I bought one, but didn't use it much because I ended up not breast feeding. It makes a great pillow to prop baby up though (not at night time, but for things like tummy-time or for supported seating).

6. Baby Monitor Video/Sound/Movement Pad - Really liked having my monitor even though we were in a small house and really I would have heard him waking from anywhere in the house. Now that we are in a larger home, I think it will be even more convenient and got a video one this time.