Topic: Pressure
View Single Post
July 20th, 2012, 02:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Julie View Post
You are still in pre-labor, which you can be in for weeks and is painful and often relentless. Yes, you usually should wait until contractions are bad pain but sometimes women are in labor and dont feel that.
Its like your body is trying so hard but something is holding it back. Your body produces a chemical when under stress that keeps labor from progressing.
I know being over due can be super stressful, my last was over a week late.
I feel you need relaxation. Perhaps? I would try a foot massage from dh or anyone willing, in a dark room, a scented candle and a nice long sleep in a dark room to help release hormones needed for labor. Oxyticin? I think...anyway, youre almost there. Good luck!
I do feel like I'm mentally blocking labor from happening. I am stressed about the drive and my relatives are being butt heads. Part of me just wants to go to the birth center and get away from them.

I'm going to call in a few hours and see if my midwife can check me and then either to walk the mall or go to a kids science place. Just me, dh, and dd. I think it will help to know where I'm at, be away from relatives, and walking around.