View Single Post
July 20th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Scooter!
Friday - Fun Day!
Quick update, lots to do today! I am finally done with my Safari Park Volunteer Training! It's been going on since March, so this is quite an accomplishment. This volunteer program isn't one that allows you to just go "sign up, start volunteering", it requires 8 different phases of training (and that's just to become an Info Ambassador - entry level). There are more phases of training including oral presentations, tests, and lots of studying to move up the ladder. I will be working my way through those as it makes sense (and as they are scheduled). So, after another really long day (for me) yesterday, I am official! I will be mostly volunteering in the Mammal department, in the Petting Kraal with the goats (no shock there), but also doing some info ambassador shifts sometimes to change it up. Should be fun, and I'll start getting my field work hours for school done too!

Today I fly up to San Fran to see my brother and niece for the weekend. I'm excited to see them! We have nothing really planned, just hang around. It's supposed to be nice (low-mid 70s) up there this weekend, which is really nice for them, and a nice change from the 100s for me. Just eating my breakfast and catching up on JM, then I need to go pack!

I won't be around this weekend much, though I always try and keep up from my phone. And retro-apologies for not being here much this week...for me, this has been the busiest week I've had in a long time, and it's kicking my butt! Now, just to get to the airport, then a few days of R&R! I still need to do all my school though

Hope everyone has a wonderful and fun-filled weekend!

x