View Single Post
July 20th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
1. Diaper Genie/Champ- Bought one once. It was fine until it was time to change the back. UGH!!! Dirty diapers smell worse after sitting there for awhile. We tie dirty diapers in plastic walmart bags if they are bad or if we aren't taking the trash out soon.

2. Wipes Warmer- seems like I tried this with one of our kids and it dried the wipes out and my newborns didn't like diaper changes period, warm wipes didn't seem to make it any better. Getting the job done fast was key for mine.

3. Changing Table-never had one. I have always talked about getting one with each baby but by the time we had room for one, we had already had several babies and not had one so we have skipped it. I usually change the babies on the couch or bed while little and then when they are bigger just on the floor.

4. Bottle Warmer-with others I breastfed, so no need. With Beth I breastfed and pumped since I was in school. We defrosted/warmed the milked in hot water. I haven't looked at the warmers lately but not sure how they would do with the bottle bags we froze the milk in. The ones they had when I first started having kids wouldn't work well but its been a long time and I haven't looked at them in a very long time. But I could see where this could be helpful.

5. Boppy/Nursing Pillow- I use this a lot! I bring it to the hospital with me. It's especially helpful since I have c/s keeps baby off my incision and helps baby be in a good position for b'feeding. I used it even before I started having c/s and it is one item I do replace if it gets worn or whatever.

6. Baby Monitor Video/Sound/Movement Pad-never bought one until this past week and that was for my 18month old. We sleep on one side of the house and she is on the other. My older kids are at camp and my oldest will hear her if she wakes up. she usually does not wake at night but the thought of her waking and crying and us not hearing, made us go buy one. It was a cheap one and not best quality but it worked. We hear her in the morning talking when she wakes up. But with our newborns,they are in our room with us for awhile and when we do move them out they are usually close enough where we can easily hear if they wake up. BEth was in the room next to ours before so we never needed a monitor.