View Single Post
July 20th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I lurk here but my first son was placed for adoption in 1997 when I was 15. It was done through private lawyers and I was told they would send letters and pictures to me every year. I never even got ONE letter. I was told there was nothing I can do, open adoptions and semi-open adoptions are based on trust, and the adoptive families have the right to their privacy. They don't want me to know where they live, and the letters were supposed to go through the lawyers but when I moved out on my own at 18 I was told if they chose not to send letters I have to accept that.

Sometimes I am a mess over it and I have put my name on adoption search websites and just hope someday my son finds me, but I will never, ever stop looking. I have 3 other kids now and people tell me to just focus on them but I never wanted to give my son up, and my heart hurts over it so even though our situations and reasons are different, I understand what it's like to feel betrayed by the adoptive family. I know the adoptive families first names only.

Thank you AlexKatieAiden Mommy for my siggy!