View Single Post
July 23rd, 2012, 09:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with ^^. I lost my husband to suicide in April of 2011. Thankfully I did not see it happen but I was the one to find him and those images are hard to hold. There wasn't anything at all that anyone could say in the beginning to help although I really felt like I was grasping trying to find that comfort. The best thing that you can do is to be there for her, to listen to her even when she repeats the same things over and over again.

Also, make sure you have someone you can talk to about your grief. I definitely wouldn't talk to your friend too much about your own pain at losing him and what happened for a little bit. At least until she can get through some of the shock she's going to be in for a while.

Huge hugs and thoughts to you and your friend. I absolutely hate it when I hear another family is going through this. It's really something she'll always carry. It truly feels like a life sentence. I hope that with some counseling and great friends (like you) she'll be able to put her life back together and find some peace for herself and her son.