View Single Post
July 23rd, 2012, 03:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Bailey used her last pull up!
I've had diapers in my home, consistently since the end of July 2005, and for the first time in 7 years I don't. Kinda bittersweet. I've always looked at these little people as babies until they were fully potty trained...now, I don't have any babies in my house.

About 2 months ago, we switched from diapers to pull ups since she stopped wearing a diaper during the day. She started saying, "No diapah', big girls wear wee wear." (underwear) Over the past two months we had, I never expected her to be fully out of pull ups until at least 3. She would put one on, on her own, every single time she had to poop & at dinner time. (don't ask, I still don't know why, lol)

She was doing fabulous when we went out, no accidents at all, and very few during the day at home..Then she started backpedaling. I blamed myself for starting to push her a bit re: pooping. I've said time and time again, I've never PTed the boys, so I should have known not to push her, to stick with high fiving and dancing, and not saying anything about any of it.. about 10-12 days ago she started pooping in the potty, and when I'd go check on her at night, she was taking off her pull up and nude from the waist down. Didn't pee the bed at all.

Last Sunday we only had one pull up left, and since Tom's been laid off all Summer, we were short on $ until Tuesday. We had more than enough for pull ups but things are tight. Tom and I asked her what she wanted us to buy: pull ups or underwear. She picked. I am beyond proud to say she has only had 2 accidents since then and to be completely honest neither were her fault. Both due to her brothers taking too long in the bathroom..

I'm rambling like crazy, but I am just so darn proud of her. Of course Collin is even more excited since he was officially the youngest one to potty train.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]