Topic: Appt Update
View Single Post
July 24th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had a regular checkup at my OB today.

I gained a little bit too much with 5lbs since my last appt 3 weeks ago. My doctor is concerned I may have gestational diabetes because this is two times I've gained too much between appts and I made the changes the recommended after the last appt. However, we just spent the weekend at my in-laws' and my MIL cooks a ridiculous amount of food when we visit. I can normally resist eating too much, but when you put food in front of a pregnant woman...

Anyways, I'm not concerned about those 2lbs I gained over the recommended amount. It's easily explained away by the overeating from this past weekend.

She commented on how active Sean was when she was listening to his heartbeat on the doppler. She also measured my fundal height for the first time and I'm in the normal range.

My next appt is in 4 weeks and I'll have the GTT then. I'm supposed to fast for 4 hours beforehand, but my OB does them first thing in the morning so it's mostly just trying to wait an extra hour to eat than I normally would.