View Single Post
July 28th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this. Women with PCOS definitely can get pregnant, saying they can't is just ridiculous. It's just harder since women with PCOS usually don't ovulate as regularly.

I know for me, I don't have diabetes I have insulin resistance - which is similar but won't necessarily show up on tests for diabetes. I'm not sure if that's what you had or not. My body has no problem making insulin, it just doesn't absorb what is made correctly. So if you check my insulin levels it won't show anything wrong but my body still isn't getting the insulin it needs if that makes sense. So you might be going through the same thing where you aren't absorbing the insulin but your tests come back fine.

How do you know no other doctors have a clue about PCOS? Even if they don't specialize in it they could still treat you better than your current doctor. If you haven't already I'd at least look into different doctors. I don't go to a doctor who specializes in PCOS but she has more sense than to say it's impossible for me to get pregnant.

I don't think PCOS is supposed to affect pregnancy other than an increased chance of miscarriage, and it sounds like you might be past the riskiest point. However I'm not a doctor so I can't really say for sure. If you can try to contact your old doctor and let him know you're worried and see what he suggests.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12