View Single Post
July 30th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
PINK!!!

Yes, our numbers are overwhelming. Marlowe will be expecting a little sister in December!

I'm thrilled beyond belief. I was kind of secretly hoping it would go down this way; I've got a sister, and I know how special that bond is. Plus, the thought of having another sweet little girl is just so precious to me.

In technical news, the u/s went well, with Baby Girl cooperating very early on in all of the necessary photos except for a good profile shot (we got one that works, but it's not great), and the spine shot. The tech was very clear that she was able to visualize the spine and that it looked great, but that the docs liked the photo in a very particular way and she wasn't able to get that shot due to baby's position. She thought they would likely want to schedule another ultrasound so that they could get that particular shot on a different day since baby was not cooperating. (She kept rolling away from the wand.)

For what it's worth, I had a bunch of extra (unnecessary) u/s last time around due to "measuring small" (DD came out at 7 lbs, 12 oz...DH asked if we could have some of our money back), so I'm not thrilled about having to again pay out a bunch of money for ultrasounds (our insurance pays for very little) if everything is looking great. But...I suppose one more peek wouldn't hurt.

All in all, a GREAT appointment.

Edited on 7/31/12 to add u/s photos:

Here's the gender: Yup..no question there. Definitely NOT a penis. And geez o pete's what a cute little tushie.
And Baby Girl's beautiful little profile:

Last edited by MarlowesMum; July 31st, 2012 at 11:42 AM.