View Single Post
July 30th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Jenny
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbysSweetheart View Post
I was just going to ask a question on this so maybe someone could answer in their reply.

Chloe has rolled over several times from her stomach to her back 'kinda' accidents a few times and others I thought on purpose.

A few days ago she all of a sudden pushed up with both arms and flipped over.... Definitely on purpose, and when I rolled her to her tummy she went on to do this 7 times in a row and thought it was hilarious and lots of fun. Later on in the day she flipped over anytime she wanted... I thought, this skill is in the bag.... how am I gonna keep her on her stomach for tummy time?

The next day... and ever since it's been like the 'flipping' never happened. When I put her on her stomach she has alot of leg action, even gets both knees up and sticks her rump in the air, but her face remained buried and she refuses to use her arms as well. A few times she has rolled over, but this was due to her getting a leg out and using that to push herself over........ so what's up? Do most babies have to 'learn' and 're-learn' a new skill a few times before they actually get it?

oh, she also has scooted forward a bit a few times with all that leg/knee action but I don't think she knew what she was doing.
I think this is normal. Robby has learned things and done them for a few days and then stopped doing them and seemed to have to re-learn the skill. But he keeps meeting the milestones on time, so I decided not to worry about it. I guess it's like when we learn something new, too, you occasionally forget one part cuz you were so focused on another part, you know?

Robby rolls from back to tummy like he was born doing it; from tummy to back, he just started doing consistently a week or so ago. He moves his body forward on the carpet by drawing up his legs and pushing himself, but usually he cries after a couple of feet because his face is buried in the carpet and it must hurt, lol! In the night when he loses his pacifier and can't find it, I have found him 4 times up on his hands and knees trying to get it!! So I guess crawling will happen soon if he figures out this will get him going. He loves to pull on one "arm" of his play gym, and I think soon he will figure out how to pull himself up. He can sit up for a long time; I stick pillows around him and let him play for long periods.

Aren't they so much fun at this age?!