View Single Post
July 31st, 2012, 08:54 AM
Adopting One of Each!
CD 26, Cycle #2

Well, after the excitement of yesterday afternoon, I'm sorry to report that there doesn't seem to be much hope that I was actually ovulating. I POAS when I got home and that was negative. I even POAS 5 hours later, and that was even more negative, IMO. We still BDed, but I'm not very hopeful that anything good will come of it.

My temp this morning was a little bit up, but certainly not as high as I would expect if I had actually O'd. Sooooooo... we wait some more. Hopefully today will bring some other good news.

DH is meeting me for lunch today and we're going to the Cheesecake Factory as they're running a promo for 1/2 price slices due to National Cheesecake Day or some such thing. I don't really care what the occassion is, I'm just excited for cheesecake.

I'm also in the process of writing and sending invitations for Virginia's sleep-over party at our house on August 10. We have 8 invites, and her list of people to invite stopped at 13. Uh...that's an issue. When I explained there were only 8 invites, she looked at me like I had two heads. I swear, sometimes I cannot believe she's going to be 13...logic completely escapes her at times. But, I suppose that's the same with any pre-teen/teenager. Besides, all I have to do is remember her mother and the lack of logic makes sense.

Also, DH and I will be providing respite care for an 18-month-old girl this weekend. We don't know the details yet, other than her gender and age, but we've not done this for a child this old so this might be interesting. For those of you who don't know, Hank and I are licensed foster parents for the state of Arizona. We did that because I always believed that getting/staying PG for me would be a significant miracle and I wanted a sister for Virginia. Because private adoption is cost-prohibitive for us, we went the foster child route. And, because I want a female baby, we'll be waiting a while (or longer) for one to be matched with us. In the meantime, we're TTC our own on the off chance it actually happens. Although, if it does, you KNOW we'll end up with a boy.

So, I'm excited about meeting this new little one on Thursday... I just hope that someday, there's a little one out there that won't have to go home...ever.

Well, better get to work. Happy Tuesday to everyone out there, and here's some for you all.

-Christi